Monday, September 19, 2016

"The Sound of Music", Natural film set in Salzburg

"Sound of Music" had a special place in my heart, I believe that too many people from my generation should have same feelings...Knowing each member of  von Trapp family with all details, knowing all those wonderful film songs...
I’ve visited Salzburg several times, to see all those places that I’ve seen long years ago while watching movie. 

Of course, all those places looked so familiar, I’ve visited them with great excitement. I've shared Salzburg Fortress Concerts in February. My photos show all those natural film set of the Sound of Music.
But, so sad that another member of that wonderful family lost her live, today. “Sound of Music” actress Charmian Carr passed away, who  played Liesl role in the film.
She was the eldest daughter of von Trapp at age 73, RIP!
My goodness, how time flies, it was 1965 when film released, she was performing a teen girl. I was at the first grade at primary school!!!
Let me briefly tell about the film for the new generations, “The Sound of Music”  an American musical drama film produced and directed by Robert Wise, and starring Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer at 1965. The film was an adaptation of the 1959 Broadway musical The Sound of Music.
A tuneful, heartwarming story,  was based on the real life story of the Von Trapp Family singers, one of the world's best-known concert groups in the era immediately preceding World War II. Julie Andrews plays the role of Maria, the tomboyish candidate at an Austrian abbey who becomes a governess in the home of a widowed naval captain with seven children, and brings a new love of life and music into the home. When we were watching this heartwarming story also were watching amazing landscape and vastness of Austrian Alpes, too.
Most probably after reading the novel of  Heidi, by Johanna Spyri and watching the  Sounds of Music at early ages made a me nature lover, still,  my biggest joy is to go to Alpen mountains, their awesome peaks are my natural refreshment therapies. As, Julie Andres song, Hills are Alive!!!
Another important location was Mondsee in the film. 
                                          
Maria’s wedding took place at the Mondsee Cathedral.  I would like to share this wonderful Mondsee                                            
village view and against to mountains at dusk.  It is so obvious that music is universal, one melody, one song may remind us so many different memories, feelings, places...
Also an old but famous all over the world may remind us so many different wonderful memories,
let start to sing Do-Re-Mi once again....

Let's start at the very beginning
a very good place to start
when you read you begin with abc
when you sing you begin with do re mi
do re mi
the first three notes just happen to be
do re mi do re mi
do re mi fa so la te
do- a deer, a female deer
re- a drop of golden sun
mi- a name i call myself
fa- a long long way to run
so- a needle pulling thread
la- a note to follow so
te- a drink with jam and bread
that'll bring us back to do oh oh oh
do- a deer, a female deer
re- a drop of golden sun
mi- a name I call myself
fa- a long long way to run
so- a needle pulling thread
la- a note to follow so
te- a drink with jam and bread 
that'll bring us back to
do oh oh oh

Last thing, I would like to add, if you are incorrigible romantic like me, you will always remember that wonderful Gazebo so clearly, am I right? ;-)) RIP Charmian Carr, you will be always remembered by our generation....

No comments: